What is Ayurveda
Ayurveda is one of the world's oldest holisitic ("whole-body") healing systems. It was developed more than 5,000 years ago in Ancient India. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of India developed Ayurveda; which continues to be one of the world's most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems. More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life! It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vibrant and healthy while realizing their full human potential. At Seventh Wonder Holistic Spa, we help you understand your unique mind-body type and the specific needs that derive from it!
Ayurveda is based on the idea that the universe is composed of five basic elements, ether, air, fire, water and earth. The five elements combine to form the three vital energies, the doshas. From the moment of conception, the individual constitution is created by these energies. The doshas, vata, pitta, and kapha, can be found in different proportions in everyone and everything. This unique combination of physical, mental and emotional features defines our essential nature, our individual constitution known as prakriti. Honoring our true nature is key to our health: When disregarded, we develop imbalances that can lead to disease.
Composed of air and space, vata is dry, light, cold, rough, subtle, mobile and clear. It regulates body movements, including chewing, swallowing, nerve impulses, breathing, muscle movements, thinking, peristalsis, evacuation and menstruation. When vata is out of balance, it may affect these movements.
The dosha of fire and water, pitta is sharp, flowing, hot, light, liquid, fetid and oily. It manages transformation, overseeing our digestion, metabolism, temperature, sensory perception and comprehension. A pitta imbalance can lead to sharpness and inflammation in these areas.
Composed of earth and water, kapha is heavy, cold, slow, oily, fine sticky and stable. It governs cohesion, stability and structure, including the bones and organs. An excess of kapha can lead to a sense of density or heaviness in the body.
Ayurveda is the art of living in harmony with the laws of nature.
We each have our own unique path, and because health and happiness looks different for everyone, Ayurveda doesn't believe in a one-size fits all approach. To apply and benefit from the wisdom of Ayurveda, each of us must understand our unique relationship with ourselves and the world around us. When our doshas are properly balanced we’ll experience a heightened sense of well-being and accept that our health and happiness rely on knowing our truth and how we live it.
- Ayurvedic Consultation: $105 (1 hour) - This process identifies the various components of an individual's constitution, and determines where imbalances may exist. It provides education, guidance, and options for helping the individual to regain balance and improve their health and wellness. The exam is a thorough process in which your consultant really gets to know you. After evaluating all aspects of your being, a practitioner will make clear suggestions about which Ayurvedic practices you can adopt to maintain a life of balance. These may include daily self-care routines, food choices, yoga, pranayama techniques, meditation, movement practices, oils, and herbs.
- Ayurvedic Weight Loss & Body Shaping
We are now offering a Weight Loss and Body Shaping program based upon ancient Ayurvedic practices. Led by Ayurvedic practitioner, Harenda Goswami, the program incorporates personal consultations, diet, Ayurvedic massage, custom-made powders, oils and herbs to help break down and burn fat. This program is a minimum of a four month commitment. For more information, please contact the spa at 904-381-8686.
Investment: $85 for initial consultation which will be applied to the total costs should you proceed.
$250 a month which covers all Ayurvedic powders, oils and herbs.
$150 a month for required spa service of Abhyanga with Udvartana.
$105 for optional spa service - pranic healing body sculpting
- Ayurvedic Marma Point Facial Treatment: $105 (70 minutes) - Marma Point facial therapy is based on a 5000 year old Ayurvedic healing practice. Each"marma point" or energy point in the face is massaged. It focuses on areas where flesh, arteries, veins, tendons, joints and bones meet. This Ayurvedic pressure point therapy for the face is used to open energy flow and clear any blockages and stagnation, similar to acupuncture. Oil used for this treatment is based upon your particular body constitution.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Increases blood flow to the skin
- Improves the work of the lymphatic channels
- Reduces stress
- Promotes psychological relaxation
- Reduces redness and can prevent rosacea.
- Shirodhara: $125 (1 hour) - The term "Shirodhara" literally translated means head (Sira) and continuous flow (Dhara). The body is prepared for this service with a relaxing oil foot rub and body grounding using warm stones. During this treatment there is a constant flow of hand-crafted oil onto the middle of the forehead. This process stimulates the part of the brain known as the pineal gland which produces serotonin and melatonin. Melatonin helps with sleep and has anti-aging properties. These hormones play an important role in each person's emotional balance.
- Treats diseases of the nervous system
- Helps with insomnia and depression
- Decreases anxiety when combined with yoga.
- Helps with mental stress and headache.
- Abhyanga with Ubutan & Near Infrared Sauna (Oil Treatment not a Massage): $160 (90 minutes) - This is an oil treatment, not a massage. Abhyanga provides the means for transdermal absorption of the healing qualities of the oil used in the massage, and it helps the skin, which is the largest organ in the body, perform its diverse functions efficiently. Whether it is allowing toxins to be released from the body, or nourishment to be absorbed by the tissues. It is like oiling the engine of your car. If you do it regularly, your engine will be in peak condition, and give you years and years of trouble-free performance.The treatment includes traditional Ubtan which is used for Indian brides to help their skin glow. Ubtan dates back several centuries and is regarded as one of the most sacred Ayurvedic treatments that has healing properties. It mixes herbs and essential oils that will make you look beautiful and rejuvenated. Treatment also includes our near-infrared Himalayan salt sauna to penetrate muscles for maximum benefit.
- Increases circulation, especially to the nerve endings
- Tones muscles
- Calms nerves
- Lubricates joints
- Increases mental alertness
- Helps eliminate impurities from the body
- Results in softer, smoother skin
- Increases levels of stamina
- Better, deeper sleep at night.
- Pedi Karma (Kansa Vatki) Feet Therapy: $65 (30 minutes) - Foot therapy where coconut oil is gently applied to the feet and then thoroughly massaged into the feet with a special, Indian, 3-metal ball kansa wand.
- Foot and nervous system relaxation
- Release of unwanted body heat which helps detoxify the body.
- Good for premenopause and hot flashes.
When Falli was a little girl and had a fever, her grandmother would perform Kansa Vatki therapy all over her body to reduce heat from fever.
- Netra Basti (Eye Rejuvenation Therapy): $65 (1 hour) - The eyes are the gateway to the treasured sense of sight, and the practice of Ayurveda gives great attention to their care. Netra Basti is essentially a bathing of the eyes. Netra means “eyes” and basti is the Sanskrit word meaning “to bathe” or “cleanse.”
What Is Netra Basti Good For?
- Reduces tension and migraine headaches
- Soothes dry, itchy, eyes
- Provides relief from allergies
- Improved vision
- Increased concentration and mental acuity
- Combats eye strain from TV, computers, and smartphones
- Relieves eye socket tension, twitches, and squinting
- Eases wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes
- Slows the natural degeneration of the eyesLipid structure in coconut oil is similar to the body’s natural lubrication, making it especially nourishing for optic nerve tissues – even for those wearing a prosthetic eye.
- Indian Head & Shoulder Therapy: $30 (30 minutes) - In the Indian culture, it is traditional for the mother to give this massage to her children in the morning after shower before attending school. Falli learned this tradition from her mother. This therapy includes scalp stimulation and relaxing shoulder manipulation with aromatic essential oils.
- Can stimulate brain function
- Relieves eyestrain and headaches
- Improves concentration
- Relieves physical and mental fatigue
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Helps to bring clarity and peace.
- Hrid Basti (Heart Oil Therapy): $45 (30 minutes) - Ayurvedic oils are infused with herbs and applied in a well over the sternum and heart. This helps to calm an inflamed Vata.
- Karna Puoarna (Ear Therapy): $40 (45 minutes) - Ayurvedic oils are applied to the ear. This helps to loosen ear wax and can aid ringing ears and insomnia.
- Kati Basti (Lower Back Therapy): $65 (30 minutes) - Kati Basti uses warm oil and dough well to relieve lower back tension and improve circulation.
- Nabhi Basti (Naval Therapy): $45 (30 minutes) - Balances the Nabhi Marma, aids digestion, and can help to relieve constipation.
- Nasya Therapy (Nasal/Sinus Therapy): $20 (20 minutes) -Warm Ayurvedic oil is applied to the nose, in the nostril. This helps to detox the sinuses and throat and is a common remedy for dry nasal passages, stiffness of the neck, and migraines. Naysa oil has to be specially concentrated according to your dosha. Nasya Therapy helps sinuses, facial paralysis (or Bell's Palsy), heals sinusitis, sinus headaches, migraines and more. Nasya also connects to the brain, crown chakra and promotes cognitive health.
- Gharshanam with Sauna: $60 (30 minutes) - Skin brushing with raw silk is a highly effective technique for detoxing the lymphatic system. Helps to remove Ama (digestive toxins).
- Expulsion of mucus and loosening of toxic matter that clogs the lymph nodes.
Experience our variety of services that deftly combine authentic Indian culture with our deep Jacksonville roots. East meets West in our holistic array! We believe that inner health begins with relaxation of the mind and body, and reflects outwardly as beauty.
Prior to receiving any Ayurvedic treatment, it is recommended that you begin with an Ayurvedic Consultation.
Ayurvedic counseling is not medical advice nor is it meant to replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider. You should always speak with your doctor or healthcare professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.